TIC-Web is a 100% web based software for the tourist industry. This means that all the programme’s functions are carried out over the internet and TIC-Web can be accessed from every work place.
This project contains the many years of experience gained from the legacy software TIC – Touristic Information Centre. 100 percent of the accommodation establishments in South Tyrol are included in and managed by TIC-Web. TIC-Web supports tourism organisations in their substantial daily work. Over the course of time TIC-Web's range of functions has steadily increased. TIC-Web supports staff with the following modules:
- Master Data Management of accommodation providers and the catering industry
- Availability message
- Enquiry management
- Info.Point 2.0 for 24-hour guest information
- LTS Tourist Manager - ASTAT, combined tourist tax and police report
- Press contacts
- Weather and snow conditions, updated every day by staff at the Tourist Information Offices and ski areas
- LTS POI Finder for the administration of South Tyrol’s attractions and activities
- LTS Event Manager for administration, reservations and booking events
- LTS Gastronomy Finder - to search for restaurants in South Tyrol NEW: Search for opening hours
- LTS Packagefinder- administration of regional offers
TIC-Web is, of course, continuously adapted to the rapid developments in the tourism and IT sector. The software development team at LTS is constantly working on the different modules to modify them in accordance with the latest wishes and requirements.
Apart from request management, company data management and availability maintenance are certainly TIC-Web’s main modules. In addition to these, there are numerous other functions available to tourist boards and associations, e.g. the Event manager for managing, reserving and booking events, a module for the maintenance of press contacts, information point solutions for 24 hour visitor information and an online booking solution. For a number of years LTS has also been offering a Web TV System (Information channel) for accommodation establishments and tourism organisations in conjunction with the company GardenaNet.
Of course, TIC-Web is constantly adapting to keep up with rapid developments in the tourism and IT sectors. LTS’s software development department is currently working on the integration of event management e.g. through a ticket and reservation system, the expansion of the XML interface with the South Tyrol central database as well as on “Call Centre Booking” that will enable the direct marketing of rooms via a call centre to tourism organisations. A new restaurant guide is available in the form of a web module. The new accommodation search, LTS hotel finder, will be ready in July 2013 and will be available to all interested tourism organisations.
Some of the forthcoming IT projects are the reprogramming of the “holiday packages/ package deals" as well as an interface for winter data.